Banner Engineering products are used to solve challenging problems and achieve automation goals. Banner is a globally recognized leader in the field of industrial automation. Banner sensors, vision sensors, LED lights and indicators, wireless products and safety products are used by companies from Fortune 500 industry leaders to innovators just entering the market.
Product Focus: Q5X High Power Mid-Range Laser Distance Sensor
Q5X background suppression laser distance sensors extend Banner Engineering‘s portfolio of powerful, problem-solving sensors in a cost-effective device with industry-standard rectangular housing. The new best-in-class laser triangulation sensor features a range from 9.5 cm (4 inches) to 2 m (6 ft. 6 inches), is easy to use, and provides reliable detection of the most challenging targets, even at acute angles.
The Q5X features a durable, cost-effective plastic housing, and an extensive offering of metal protective brackets for the most difficult industrial environments. With an intuitive user interface, the Q5X sensor is simple to deploy quickly, saving time and costs. In addition, dual teach mode enables the sensor to verify multiple conditions—such as part presence and orientation—with a single device. This reduces sensor inventory requirements, as well as installation and maintenance costs.
Product Focus: Q4X Laser Distance Sensor
The analog sensor provides continuous measurement of challenging targets from dark to reflective, out to 300 mm. This sensor is also available with dual outputs and IO-Link.
The robust IP69K-rated FDA-grade stainless steel housing resists high-pressure, high-temperature washdown and chemical clean-in-place processes.
- Discrete, analog (0 to 10 V or 4 to 20 mA), clear object, and IO-Link models available
- Reliable sensing range from as close as 25 mm and as far as 610 mm
- Detects across a variety of target colors, materials and surfaces based on distance
- Dual teach mode (intensity + distance) is ideal for error-proofing applications and enables clear object detection with no retro-reflector required
Product Focus: LM Series Laser Measurement Sensors
With best-in-class performance and precision, Banner Engineering‘s LM Series of laser measurement sensors provide reliable quality and process control with 0.004 mm resolution and repeatably measures targets of varying color and reflectivity. With response speeds as fast as 0.5 ms and a sampling rate of 0.25 ms, the LM reliably solves high-speed applications with fast-moving targets. The LM Series precision measurement sensor offers real-world stability in a compact device with an intuitive user experience.
LM sensors feature a thermally stable design that resists temperature changes, as well as enhanced mounting stability, for high accuracy in the toughest environments. The LM has a temperature effect of +/-0.008 mm/°C. This is imperative for high-precision applications since even a few degrees of temperature change can cause other sensors’ measurement error to double.
The LM series can be programmed via IO-Link with the remote teach function, or using the the optional and removable Remote Sensor Display (RSD), which stores up to 6 configurations for product changeover and easy device replacement.
Product Focus: Q5X High Power Mid-Range Photoelectric Sensor
The Q5X background suppression laser is a powerful, problem-solving sensor in a cost-effective device with industry-standard rectangular housing. The best-in-class laser triangulation sensor features a range from 9.5 cm (4 inches) to 2 m (6 ft. 6 inches), is easy to use, and provides reliable detection of the most challenging targets.
- High excess gain for reliable detection of the darkest objects (<6% reflective black targets)
- Reliable detection of black targets against a black background, black targets against a shiny metal background, clear and reflective objects, multicolor packaging, and targets of all colors
- Bright output indicator and real-time distance feedback enable simple setup and troubleshooting
- Dual teach mode measures both distance plus light intensity to solve the most challenging applications
- Intuitive user interface with the same buttons, setup, and display as other Banner laser products
- 270-degree rotatable M12 QD to meet a variety of mounting constraints
- Rated IP67 for reliable performance in wet environments
- Programmable via on-board user interface, remote teach, IO-Link or optional remote sensor display
Product Focus: SLC4 Compact Safety Light Curtains
Banner Engineering‘s shortest, most compact safety light curtains, the SLC4 Series, are now available in 240mm and 320mm models. These new safety light curtains join the 160mm models to provide users with even more options for safeguarding points of access and operation on compact machines and in space-constrained areas.
- 160mm, 240mm, and 320mm area heights
- Low-profile, compact package for smaller production machines
- End-to-end sensing design eliminates blind zones
- 14mm (finger detection) or 24mm (hand detection) resolution models
- Highly immune to EMI, RFI, ambient light and strobe light
- Lowest price per millimeter of any Banner’s Type 4 safety light curtains
- 0.1 m to 2 m (4 in to 6.5 ft) sensing range
- Sturdy interior aluminum housing with IP65 polycarbonate enclosure
- Basic functionality with auto start/restart (trip output)
Product Focus: EZ-Screen LS Safety Light Curtains
Banner Engineering‘s EZ-SCREEN LS safety light curtains protect personnel from injury and machines from damage by creating a sensing screen that guards machine access points and perimeters. Banner offers intuitive, easy-to-use safety light screens for a wide variety of safety applications. Type 4 safety light curtains protect personnel from injury and machines from damage by guarding points of operation, access, areas and perimeters. Type 2 light screens are a cost-effective light curtain safety solution for guarding lower-risk applications, where the result of an accident is only a slight injury.
LS Series Full Feature Heavy-Duty Type 4
Intuitive, easy-to-use, feature rich models available in 14, 23 & 40 mm resolutions and up to 1820 mm (6 ft) lengths with no dead zone. Highly visible alignment indicators and intuitive diagnostics simplify set-up and provide machine builders with additional value to meet a wide range of needs.
LS Basic Series Heavy-Duty Type 4 for Simple Applications
Easy-to-use, cost-effective safety light screens used for machine safeguarding and offering the same rugged construction as standard LS screens, as well as many of the same user-friendly features.
Product Focus: XS Expandable Safety Controllers
Banner Engineering‘s XS26-2 programmable safety controllers feature a small footprint and Boolean logic for high efficiency and flexibility. The next level of machine control just became more flexible by allowing expansion modules to increase the I/O count to handle larger and more complex machine safety applications. With the option to add up to 8 I/O expansion modules, XS26-2 safety controllers have the capacity to adapt to a variety of machines, including large-scale machines with multiple processes.
- Program in minutes with intuitive, easy-to-use icon-based drag-and-drop configuration software
- Simulator functionality allows users to test their configurations without being connected to a safety controller
- Up to eight expansion I/O modules can be added as automation requirements grow or change
- Choose from six expansion module models available to suit your application with a variety of safety inputs, solid-state safety outputs and safety relay outputs
- Innovative live display feature and diagnostics allow for active monitoring of I/O on a PC and assist in troubleshooting and commissioning
- Controller and input modules allow safety inputs to be converted to status outputs for efficient terminal use
- Ethernet-enabled models can be configured for up to 256 virtual status outputs and 80 virtual non-safety inputs (64 on/off or mute enables and 16 resets or cancel delays)
- 26 inputs and two pairs of safety outputs (base controller)
Product Focus: Performance Series Gateways and Nodes
Create point to multi point networks that distribute I/O over large areas. Input and output types include discrete (dry contact, PNP/NPN, float), analog (0 to 10 V dc, 0 to 20 mA), temperature (thermocouple, thermistor and RTD), AC/DC relay (SPDT) and asynchronous counter (up to 10kHz).
- Enhanced Gateways and Nodes offer increased range in the 900 MHz frequency band
- High density I/O capacity provides up to 12 discrete inputs or outputs or a mix of discrete and analog I/O
- Universal analog inputs allow current or voltage to be selected in the field
- Power, control and monitor AC powered devices using AC/DC relays and courtesy power
Product Focus: Q45 Wireless Photoelectric Sensors
Sure Cross® Q45 Photoelectric Sensors combine a sensor, wireless node, and an internal battery in a single device, making it easy to solve challenging factory applications or add sensing to existing industrial systems.
- Truly self-contained with no need for cables, cord sets, or external power
- Designed for fast installation and ease of changeovers
- Up to 2 years of battery life
Product Focus: QM30VT Vibration and Temperature Sensors
Predictive Maintenance Solutions
QM30VT Series sensors have a low-profile design and rigid metal construction that reduces resonant interference and increases surface contact, enabling exceptional levels of accuracy in measuring RMS velocity and temperature. They are able to detect even slight increases in machine vibration and temperature for early identification of potential problems.
- Communicates performance data using a MultiHop Modbus Radio or 1-Wire Serial Node to a DXM Series wireless controller or gateway
- Detects potential problems on motors, fans, pumps, and any machine with rotating motion or vibration
- Ultracompact design fits easily in small spaces
- Available in models with a 316L stainless steel housing or a heavy-duty aluminum housing
- Fully compatible with Connected Data Solutions software
Product Focus: DXM Series Industrial Wireless Controllers
DXM Series industrial wireless controllers are designed to facilitate Ethernet connectivity and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications. Available with an internal DX80 Gateway or a MultiHop Data Radio, these powerful Modbus communications devices connect local wireless networks with the internet and/or host systems.
- ISM radios available in 900 MHz and 2.4 GHz for local wireless network
- Converts Modbus RTU to Modbus TCP/IP or Ethernet I/P
- Logic controller can be programmed using action rules and text language methods
- Micro SD card for data logging
- Email and text alerts
- Local I/O options: isolated discrete inputs, universal inputs, SPDT (Form C) relay outputs, NMOS outputs, and analog outputs
- Powered by 12 to 30 V dc, 12 V dc solar panel, or battery backup
- RS-232, RS-485, and Ethernet communications ports; and a USB configuration port
- LCD display for I/O information and user programmable LED’s
- Cell modem for cellular connectivity
Product Focus: QM42VT Vibration and Temperature Sensor
The QM42VT Vibration and Temperature Sensor makes it easy to monitor a machine’s health. It measures RMS velocity and temperature so that problems can be detected before they become too severe and cause additional damage or result in unplanned downtime. Paired with a Banner wireless Node, it can provide local indication, wirelessly send the signal to a central location, and send the vibration and temperature data to the Gateway for collection and trending.
- Easily monitor machine health by sending info wirelessly to wherever you need it
- Avoid machine failures and delays by detecting problems early
- Reduce downtime and plan maintenance more efficiently
- Monitor a variety of machines to suit your needs: motors, pumps, compressors, fans, blowers, gear boxes
Product Focus: WLB72 Basic Strip Light
The WLB72 Basic strip light is a bright, high-efficacy LED task light for use in industrial work areas. The WLB72 enhances overall visibility, improves worker productivity, and reduces energy costs in a variety of applications requiring bright, uniform illumination.
- A bright, high-efficacy LED task light used in industrial work areas
- Enhances overall visibility, improves worker productivity, and reduces energy costs in a variety of applications requiring bright, uniform illumination
- Energy-efficient with an output of 130 lumens per watt
- 0-10V dimming so users can personalize light levels to their preferred brightness
- Features a low total cost of ownership (TCO) and provides years of reliable, maintenance-free operation—with no bulb or ballast changes required throughout the entire lifespan of the device
Product Focus: Tower LIghts
Preassembled and preconfigured multi-segment LED tower light indicators replace conventional stack lights, which often require time-consuming assembly and complex wiring. Various tower light models result in customized solutions, including a choice of ac or dc supply power, three audible output options, standard or high light intensities and quick-disconnect or pre-wired options.
Pro series tower lights allow users to configure color, flashing, rotation, and light intensity. Banner’s Pro Editor software allows users to program device status, colors and animations for control via three discrete outputs.