What is your job title, and what does that position entail?
I began my Olympus Controls journey as a data specialist for SysPro and moved into the Quality Manager role. My main objectives are the following:
- Maintain ISO9001 certification
- Implement methods to inspect, test and evaluate products and production equipment
- Train production line staff in production practices and quality assessment of goods
- Track products through the manufacturing process to guarantee that each part of the process is correct
- Eliminate products that are not up to standards and finding the reasons for product problems
- Preparing reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data
How long have you worked at Olympus, where did you come from?
I have worked at Olympus Controls since October 2012. Before Olympus Controls, I spent most of my time working at my family’s restaurant.
Can you tell us a little about your background and how it helps you in this position?
I graduated from Oregon State University with a BS in Industrial Engineering. With the knowledge I’ve received from Oregon State and the experience I’ve gained from being in the food business, I’ve learned there is always room for improvement.
What are some key lessons you have taken from your career thus far?
Change doesn’t happen overnight.
What do you like best about working at Olympus?
What I like best about Olympus would have to be the family culture.
Describe some of your hobbies – what do you like to do outside of work?
I enjoy fishing, spending time with family and friends, playing all outdoor sports from playing basketball at the park to hitting the slopes of Mt. Hood and did I mention FISHING!!!!!